BLACKBOARD: What is Blackboard?Share & Print
Blackboard is an online learning management system that Wayne State University faculty members may use to deliver all or part of a regularly scheduled course. Instructors may use Blackboard to provide students with information and documents, such as announcements, assignments, syllabus, presentations or links to other websites.
Communication tools are also available for students and faculty on Blackboard. They include email, discussion boards, blogs and journals.
- Promotes collaboration and communication with features such as blogs, discussion boards and journals.
- Gives both students and faculty a secure location for course materials, e-Portfolios, and storing and managing files.
- Includes tools for faculty to create and deliver online assessments and surveys, and to store student performance results.
- Streamlines tasks for instructors.
- Enhances teaching and learning.
- All courses in Blackboard are password protected. To access Blackboard, you must log in with your AccessID and password at blackboard.wayne.edu.
- C&IT Help Desk
- Log in to Blackboard and click Student Resources for a Blackboard Basics course, an e-Portfolio introduction and more.
- Log in to Blackboard and click Blackboard Videos for how-to videos or Faculty Resources for the latest Blackboard tips and more
- Academic Technology Support Team: Supporting Blackboard, Echo Personal Capture, Respondus Lockdown Browser, iClicker and more.
- School of Medicine
NOTE: Learn more about Blackboard at tech.wayne.edu/kb/academic-services/blackboard.