COURSES: How do I import course content from the Archived Courses tab?Share & Print
Only the Instructor of Record and anyone added with the Instructor role in a Blackboard course or organization may retrieve course content from an archived course. Another course owner can be added by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloading archived courses
- Log in to Blackboard and click the Archived Courses tab.
- Click the Download link located to the right of the course or organization you wish to download and then save the file to your computer.
- Do not open the zip file after downloading it, but do make note of its name.
Importing course archive
- Click the My Blackboard tab to return to your list of courses.
- In the My Courses module, click the course or organization name to enter the course or organization site where you wish to import the materials.
- Under Control Panel, click Packages and Utilities to expand the menu options and then click Import Package/View Logs.
- Click the Import Package button and the Import Package window displays.
- Under Section 2, Select a Package and click the Browse button and locate the file you downloaded to your computer and then select it.
- You may skip Section 3 — Folder for Content Collection Files — if you do not have any files linked to the Content Collection that may have been stored in the archived course.
- In section 4, Select Course Materials and place a check in the appropriate checkboxes for the course materials you wish to import. Click Submit.
- You will receive a success message confirming your actions, and you also will receive an email when the import process is complete (be patient — it may take a long time for a large package to upload).