GRADE CENTER: How do I Create a Weighted Grade Column?Share & Print
Follow the steps below to create a Weighted Grade Column in Blackboard.
- Navigate to Grade Center and select Full Grade Center.
- Move cursor over the Create Calculated Column button.
- Select Weighted Column.
- Enter a Column Name (ex. Weighted Total).
- Select the items to be included in the weighted grade and enter the percentages for each column and/or Category.
- Columns to Select: A list of all columns in the Grade Center. Select the Column and click the arrow to add it to the Weighted Grade column.
- Categories to Select: A list of all Categories in the Grade Center. Select the category and click the arrow to add it to the Weighted Grade column.
- Calculate as a running total: Select Yes to calculate the weight as a running total to include only the columns that have been graded. Select No to include all items.
- Click Submit.