What is Qualtrics?Share & Print
Qualtrics CoreXM Survey Software is a feature-rich and web-based survey tool that all Wayne State students, faculty, and staff can use to build, distribute and analyze surveys and forms. You can also collaborate directly within Qualtrics when working on team-based projects.
- Create simple or complex surveys that include embedded video, audio, and graphics.
- Use survey and question templates from the Qualtrics Library.
- Design survey flow with Branch Logic, Display Logic, and Skip Logic functions.
- Post links to the survey on social media, or email and track invitations to a target audience. Delivery via SMS text message is available on request.
- Surveys can be completed from virtually any mobile or computing device.
- Respondents can upload files and complete surveys from virtually any mobile or computing device.
- Use the built-in report writer, or export results to SPSS, CSV, PDF, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Access Qualtrics from your web browser, no software to download and install.
Using Qualtrics at Wayne State
- Review the Wayne State Qualtrics Appropriate Use Guidelines. https://tech.wayne.edu/docs/wayne_state_university_qualtrics_guidelines.pdf.
- Must be an enrolled student, or faculty/staff with an active assignment.
- One of three account levels is automatically assigned based on your current Wayne State role. Review account levels at https://tech.wayne.edu/kb/academic-services/qualtrics/282556.
- Contractor employees, guests, and affiliates need a letter of support from Wayne State faculty or staff.
- Surveys must be owned by a person, not by a GroupID.
- The current Wayne State license agreement is effective until Sept. 30, 2023.
Use the link in Academica > University Resources> Qualtrics Survey Tool. Or log in with your AccessID and password at waynestate.qualtrics.com. Bookmarks for your browser:
Training and support
For help getting started with Qualtrics:
- The Qualtrics support website has extensive online documentation and instructional videos: https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/getting-started/survey-platform-overview/.
- The C&IT Knowledge Base covers some Qualtrics support topics that are specific to Wayne State: https://tech.wayne.edu/kb/academic-services/qualtrics.
- For personal support, contact the Qualtrics Support team via email, chat, or callback.
- Qualtrics CoreXM Basecamp offers free on-demand training and optional certification exams.
- For account-related issues, contact the C&IT Help Desk at 313-577-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Qualtrics posts system status information online 7/24; Wayne State accounts reside in the AZ1/SJC1 data center: https://www.qualtrics.com/status/.
- Wayne State Research Design and Analysis Consulting service provides assistance with the design of research projects and the statistical analysis of data: https://clas.wayne.edu/psychology/research/research-design-analysis.
Account Request forms