What is Microsoft Teams?Share & Print
Microsoft Teams is a communication and collaboration tool included in the Office 365 package of Wayne Connect. Teams includes chat with text, audio, video, file sharing and app integration. Learn more at support.office.com.
Microsoft Teams is a component of your existing Office365 license; there are no extra monetary costs to enable the license. As of May 2018, Teams is available all Wayne State University faculty, staff and registered students.
Desktop and browser applications
Wayne State recommends users download and use the Teams desktop application because it includes desktop notifications, but the browser app may also be accessed within the waffle menu of Office365 in Wayne Connect.
- On-demand video training from Microsoft
- Instructor-led training from Microsoft
- Instructor-led training from Wayne State
- Onsite Teams training for WSU departments: contact Tom Duszynski
- Quick start document (PDF)