HPC Grid Tutorial: How to Run a Simple JobShare & Print
Follow these steps to run a simple job on the Grid.
1. Log on to the Grid.
2. Copy the simple job script to your home directory by typing: cp /wsu/el7/scripts/tutorial/simple_job .
3. Run the simple job script by typing: qsub simple_job
After submitting the job, you are prompted with the job ID also referred to as $PBS_JOBID
4. Check to see that your job is running by typing the following command: qme
Notice the job ID that is the $PBS_JOBID in the red box and the node your job is running on in the blue box is the $HOSTNAME.
5. You can log in to the node that your job is running on by typing: ssh $HOSTNAME
6. When your job is finished you should have an error and an output file in your home directory, check by typing: ls
Notice the name of the files are in the following format: simple_job.e$PBS_JOBID and simple_job.o$JOBID