Where can I find information about legislation regarding IT security and data privacy?Share & Print
The following is a non-exhaustive list of official government or national association websites (as of December 2014) that deal with federal and state legislation regarding IT security and data privacy.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): Official U.S. Government Website (deals with student records).
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act: FTC's main GLBA Website (deals with financial records).
- Michigan Social Security Number Privacy Act (Excerpt): On privacy of SSNs.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA): HHS main page on HIPAA (protects medical records).
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS): National Security Standards Council website.
- Wikipedia entry on PCI DSS: Credit card industry standards for protection of credit card numbers.