What is Wayne State's Information Security Office?Share & Print
Wayne State University Information Security Office
The Information Security Office (ISO) is a part of the division of Computing & Information Technology at Wayne State University. This team is responsible for network and application security across the university, as well as implementing security controls such as firewall implementation and configuration, vulnerability scanning and testing, and security information and event management monitoring. We also advise university departments on the latest security measures and educate the campus community on how to best protect our valuable information and network infrastructure.
Wayne State University takes IT security very seriously. If you are a victim of a security breach, please report it. Remember, if you lose a laptop, smartphone, tablet or other device to access WSU email or information, you are possibly the victim of a security breach.
- To request a firewall rule to be put in place, use the Firewall Rule Request form.
- To report a computer security incident or concern about the WSU network, a suspicious email or file attachment, the integrity of personal or university data, or violations of the WSU policy on the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources, please contact the C&IT Help Desk.
If it is an urgent matter, please contact the IT security team directly. Click the names below for contact information.
- Garrett McManaway, Information Security Officer
- Marlene Johnson, Systems Security Specialist
- Eric Dau, Lead Applications Technical Analyst