How can I use the SSL Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access restricted WSU resources?Share & Print
C&IT recommends accessing the VPN using the Pulse Secure client. Learn how to download and use Pulse Secure on the C&IT Knowledge Base: How do I use the Wayne State VPN without visiting the website? You may also access the WSU VPN via a web browser, though it is not the recommended method.
- Connect to the WSU VPN at vpn.wayne.edu with your AccessID and password.
- Enter the path to the server you want to access in the Browse field at the top of the page. For example, to access the server CIT-SERVER, you would type \CIT-SERVER and then click Browse.
- To download a file: Navigate through the directories until you find the file you want to download. Click on the file name, and you are prompted to save it to your local computer.
- To download multiple files and folders: Select the check boxes to the left of the folders and files that you want to download and click the Download button at the top of the page. Click the Download button again to download all of the files and folders as a compressed zip file.
- To upload a file: Navigate to the directory you want to upload the file to and click Upload. You are prompted to select the local file that you want to upload to the server.
- To browse the web: You may also browse website using the browse fields on vpn.wayne.edu. Type in the site you wish to visit and click Browse. Your browser will take you to the site, but you will notice the URL now contains the secure VPN access.
NOTE: Learn more about the WSU VPN at on the C&IT Knowledge Base.