[VoIP] How do I configure Push To Talk calls?Share & Print
VoIP telephone users may utilize the Push to Talk feature to quickly communicate with other users by having certain calls automatically answered. Follow the steps below to use Push to Talk.
How to setup Push to Talk
- Log in to the User Portal at pub.hvs.att.com/Login/.
- Click Call Control.
- Click Push to Talk.
- Choose your options
- Auto Answer
- Yes: Automatically answer the PTT call through the phone speaker.
- No: Do not automatically answer the PTT call, ring the phone first.
- Outgoing Connection Type
- One way: One way conversation.
- Two way: Two way conversation.
- Access List
- Allow calls from only the users selected below: Add users to the Access list that you want to receive push to talk calls from. If you choose this option and leave Selected Users blank, you will not be able to receive PTT calls from anyone until you add them to this field. This is the default setting.
- Allow calls from everyone except the users below: Add users to the Access list that you do NOT want to receive push to talk calls from. If you choose this option and leave Selected Users blank, you are allowed to receive PTT calls from anyone on the phone system.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
How to initiate a Push to Talk call
- To initiate a PTT call you must dial the feature access code and the user extension.
- The feature access code is *50.
- Example, to Push to Talk to user extension 7-9070, input the following sequence: * 5 0 7 9 0 7 0.
NOTE: For commonly dialed Push To Talk users, this sequence can be saved as a speed dial on your phone to eliminate needing to dial the full digits each time. Learn how to reset your VoIP online portal password at https://kb.wayne.edu/142336.