Cognos Analytics update coming soon
C&IT will upgrade the Cognos platform to the latest version, Cognos Analytics, this spring. This upgrade offers a brand new user interface and new features that make Cognos an even more powerful tool:
- More robust search capabilities for reports.
- Ability to upload data files to create dashboards and stories.
- Navigation enhancements that make it easier to drill down and back to change the focus of analysis.
- Filtering improvements that enable users to do more in both visualizations and reports.
- Option to create shortcuts to content objects such as packages, folders, reports, data sets, etc.
The Business Analysis and Reporting team will be conducting Introduction to Navigation training sessions Feb. 27, and March 13 and 20, in the C&IT Training Labs. To sign up for the training sessions, first log in to Academica at a.wayne.edu and then visit go.wayne.edu/cognostraining.
The upgrade will not affect the availability of Cognos. If you have any questions or concerns about the upgrade, please contact Associate Director, Business Analysis and Reporting, Carly Cirilli, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-577-1689.