Qualtrics survey software updates improve navigation and consistency March 31
The look and feel of Wayne State's Qualtrics online survey software will be updated on Wednesday, March 31. These updates are designed to make navigation more consistent and intuitive and will affect several features, including the Survey Editor, project creation, platform navigation, and line/bar charts in dashboards. Existing surveys and responses will not be affected by these changes.
The majority of these updates will take effect immediately, and changes to the Survey Editor will be optional during a two-month rollout period. Qualtrics will provide an interactive tour of the changes the first time you log on beginning March 31.
- The new navigation will have a single location to access all navigable elements in the new menu.
- Contacts are located within the Directories menu.
- Notifications will be accessible across all experiences in the product, as well as the user’s account and access to Qualtrics support.
- For all dashboard customers, configuring dashboard settings will now be located with all other dashboard actions, providing a more unified experience.
- Action Planning and Insights will also be accessed through the dashboard actions section, providing more consistency with other dashboard experiences.
Formerly known as the Create New projects and actions UI, most functionality is still available within the new Catalog. However, the Recents/Favorites sidebar is being changed. Recents are still available as a collection near the top of the Catalog’s front page, while Favorites are being removed.
- Catalog replaces the Create New UI for projects and actions and is activated when users attempt to create a new project or create new action from the projects or actions lists, respectively.
- The Catalog can be accessed from the new global navigation.
- Depending on how it is accessed, Catalog will show either projects or actions that a user can start, including from-scratch options, templates, and guided projects and programs.
- Wayne State is licensed only for the CoreXM product. Offerings may appear in BrandXM, CustomerXM, EmployeeXM, and ProductXM categories but they cannot be used by Wayne State Qualtrics accounts.
- Projects have been re-organized to be grouped by offering type (e.g, projects from-scratch, programs, guided projects, and project templates). This works in conjunction with quick filters to aid in browsing and quickly finding relevant content.
- Each offering in the Catalog will show a details pane when selected, giving a quick overview of what that offering contains and how it is best used in order to help users make the decision of whether it is right for them.
Simple Chart (Line and Bar Chart)
Line and bar chart variants of the Simple Chart are receiving an updated visual design and additional features that enhance data display and exploration. The updates will ensure clear, consistent, and modern information design, accessibility compliance, and prepare for upcoming data visualization features.
Survey Editor will now be called Survey Builder. While some elements will be moved, all existing capabilities will remain on the platform. These updates will make the survey building experience easier to navigate and more intuitive, especially for first-time users. There will be a two-month roll out of the new Survey Builder to ensure users have enough time to get familiar with the changes:
- March 31: Users will be kept in the current experience with an option to try the new Survey Builder experience through a link in the banner at the top of Survey Builder.
- April 30: Survey Builder will default to the new experience for all Users. Users will have the option to temporarily turn the old experience back on (opt-out) through an in-product banner at the top of the Survey Builder.
- May 31: Users will no longer have the option to opt-out of the new experience.
- Brief overview video (1:41)
- New survey builder navigation to match the new global navigation.
- New question builder UI which includes:
- All question types.
- Simplified UI for question configuration.
- The single entry point for features
- Configuration panel on the left.
- Top-level configurations are visible without scrolling.
- Updated edit multiple UI.
- Simplified UI for block configuration.
- The consistent pattern used for block and question configuration.
- Drag and drop functionality to move questions and blocks.
- New survey configuration UI that combines survey options and tools where applicable.
- Improved clarity on when the project is auto-saved, is in draft mode or is published.
- The updated section of Survey Builder will now be accessible.
- A brief video of all changes (6m23s): basecamp.qualtrics.com/experience-first-design-updates/745961
- A recorded webinar covering all changes (43m11s): basecamp.qualtrics.com/experience-first-design-updates/750974
- Crosswalk of the survey editor changes (PDF)
- Personalized in-depth support is available from Qualtrics experts. Just follow the steps at kb.wayne.edu/500272 and they will contact you via chat/email/phone call.
- Wayne State’s Qualtrics administrators can assist with account issues. Just complete the appropriate form in the Surveying section of tech.wayne.edu/forms/research and we will follow-up shortly.