C&IT and the Office for Teaching and Learning (OTL) are working together to provide Wayne State instructors and academic staff with webcams and headsets for the fall semester.
Q: What is a technology toolkit?
A: A technology toolkit consists of two items:
- A Logitech headset
- And a Logitech web camera.
Q: Do I qualify for the toolkit?
A: All academic staff, faculty, and graduate teaching assistants are eligible for one headset and one web camera each.
Q: How do I get my toolkit?
A: Toolkits are distributed by appointment only right now. Use the link below to schedule an appointment during one of our upcoming pickup days.
Q: What do I need to know before I come to pick up my toolkit?
A: Please read the following instructions carefully before coming to pick up your toolkit.
- Have your OneCard out and ready when you drive up (or other identification along with your AccessID printed on a piece of paper).
- These distribution events are contact-free; please remain in your vehicle and we will assist in order of arrival. Pull up alongside the building near the garage door and adhere to signage. Please do not block traffic.
- We will check your information and place your item(s) in your backseat.
- Follow all other traffic instructions noted in the pickup location information.
- Walk-ups, bicyclists, etc. are welcome. Face masks and 6 ft. of social distancing are mandatory—no exceptions.
Q: What if I do not have my OneCard yet?
A: In lieu of an OneCard you must have your:
- AccessID printed on a piece of paper.
- And an alternative form of ID (e.g. driver's license).
- Please follow all other instructions for pickup.
Q: When can I pick up a toolkit?
A: Additional dates have been scheduled for Online Teaching Toolkit distribution. Webcams and headsets will be available for contact-free pick up by appointment only on Jan. 25 and 26, and Feb. 10, 11, 22, and 23.
Q: Where do I pick up my toolkit?
A: Toolkit pickups are scheduled at the Computing Services Center. Pickup is held at the side garage entrance on Antoinette Street. This is a secure building and guests are not permitted entrance.
Q: Can you ship my toolkit to me?
A: Unfortunately, we are unable to ship any toolkits. We encourage you to fill out the reservation form and have someone else (e.g. a colleague, friend, family member, etc.) pick it up on your behalf and ship it to you.