Email Forwarding Position Statement
It is impossible for C&IT to guarantee message delivery to external email providers (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). These systems are outside C&IT's control. C&IT works to resolve delivery problems with external email providers, but these situations often take several days to be resolved.
When C&IT becomes aware of delivery problems with external email providers:
- C&IT will attempt to email a notice to affected individuals (i.e., those that are forwarding to the external email provider).
- C&IT will post information about the problem on this website (tech.wayne.edu).
- C&IT will send a campus-wide email notice only if a problem persists for more than seven days.
If you must forward your WSU email, be aware of the following risks:
- Important email originating from WSU may be delayed or undelivered to your forwarding address.
- Bounce back notification policy is set by each external email provider, not by C&IT. Thus senders might not receive a notice that their message was not delivered.
- You are still responsible for reading your WSU email in a timely fashion, which you can always do by logging on to https://connect.wayne.edu