SSL Certificate Issuance Policy
At C&IT, facilitating secure and convenient web-based communications for our customers is a priority. We will gladly supply signed wayne.edu SSL certificates for campus departments who need to secure departmental web services. This service is exclusively offered by C&IT, and is subject to the following limitations:
- The DNS name of the web service must end in "wayne.edu"
- The requesting party must be a full time WSU staff member or a faculty member
- The machine must be hosted within the WSU-owned 184.108.40.206/16 network
- The certificate may not be re-used on any server(s) outside of WSU's network or any host that is not explicitly authorized by C&IT
- C&IT reserves the right to block network access to any machine that violates the trust of our customers
- C&IT reserves the right to revoke the certificate at any time
- The certificate will be issued only to the requesting party
- The requesting party may not share the certificate and/or keys with any other party
- Any exception to this policy must be explicitly approved by the C&IT Information Security Office
- C&IT reserves the right to inspect and or audit the machine
Use this form to request a signed SSL certificate.