How do I change my AccessID password?Share & Print
You may change your AccessID password with the Account Management tool in Academica.
Long term password
C&IT now allows Wayne State users the option to keep the same password throughout their time at the university. A password must meet the following requirements to qualify for long term use:
- Must be at least 14 characters.
- Must include one special character (!, #, &, %, ?, @, etc.).
- Must not include AccessID, birth date or the name of the user.
- Must not be a previous password.
Change your password
If you do not opt to follow the above guidelines, you will be prompted to change your password every six months if you're a faculty member and once every year if you are an current student. Standard passwords must not include your AccessID, name or email address.
- Log in to Academica at a.wayne.edu with your AccessID and current password.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper-right (shaped like a person) and choose Account Management.
- Choose Change Your Password from the left-hand menu.
- Follow the instructions to change your password. Click Save when finished.
NOTE: Read Wayne State's Strong Password Standard at tech.wayne.edu/about/strong-password-standard.