How do I use my WSU AccessID and email?Share & Print
The Wayne State University AccessID is an unique identification code assigned to each applicant, student and employee. When you apply to be admitted as a WSU student or when you are hired as a new employee, an AccessID is automatically assigned to you. The AccessID is two letters followed by four digits (e.g., xy5678). It is your key to WSU computing services and resources, including: Academica, Blackboard, Wayne Connect and more.
If you do not know your WSU AccessID, you may find it on your WSU OneCard (picture ID) or by searching your name in the WSU Online Directory.
Follow the steps below to log in with your AccessID and temporary password to set up self services.
- Open a web browser.
- Go to Academica at a.wayne.edu.
- Log in using your AccessID and temporary password.
- Follow the prompts.
- When you are prompted to change your password, choose a secure one that you will easily remember.
- Your password must be at least eight characters.
- Choose a password that follows C&IT's Strong Password Standard.
Your AccessID and password will be your key to accessing many Wayne State services, including email, online classes, and wireless internet. Keep your password safe and do not share it with anybody.
AccessID and email
The Wayne Connect email and collaboration service may be accessed multiple ways. Log in with the same AccessID and password.
- In your browser: connect.wayne.edu
- On your mobile phone: m.wayne.edu
- Desktop software: Outlook and more
Graduation and registration
The AccessID and associated services are frozen shortly after the end of the third consecutive term that you do not register for classes. Your WSU AccessID will always be held for your use if you return to WSU.