What are the features and costs of virtual server hosting at C&IT?Share & Print
Virtual Server Hosting allows Wayne State University schools, colleges and divisions to run servers without the hassle of purchase, maintenance and operation.
Virtual servers are hosted in the C&IT Data Center. C&IT's VMWare team monitors and provides continual service improvements to all servers.
- Hardware environment providing at least 3GHz of processing power.
- Up to four processors per Virtual Machine.
- Up to 24 gigabytes of RAM based on application need and monitoring.
- 24/7 remote server access.
- Regular backups to C&IT's NetBackup system.
Every virtual server package includes:
- The creation of a virtual server in C&IT's Virtual Server environment.
- Initial installation of a VMware Supported Operating System (OS) (Windows or Linux).
- Initial installation of NetBackup client utility.
- Initial installation of university site-licensed antivirus software.
- A school, college or division may contact C&IT to discuss the details of the Virtual Server Hosting Service Level Agreement and to fill out the Virtual Server Hosting In-Take Form. Please contact Terence Claxton at 313-577-3751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find support at tech.wayne.edu/forms/infrastructure.
- New customers must sign the Virtual Server Hosting Service Level Agreement.
- C&IT submits IRB to S/C/D.
- C&IT IOPS and S/C/D schedules creation or a new Virtual Server.
Virtual Server Hosting annual prices
NOTE: Please read the Terms of Service Agreement for Virtual Server Hosting.