What are the features and costs of virtual server hosting at C&IT?Share & Print
Virtual Server Hosting allows Wayne State University schools, colleges and divisions to run servers without the hassle of purchase, maintenance and operation.
Virtual servers are hosted in the C&IT Data Center. C&IT's VMWare team monitors and provides continual service improvements to all servers.
- Hardware environment providing at least 3GHz of processing power.
- Up to four processors per Virtual Machine.
- Up to 24 gigabytes of RAM based on application need and monitoring.
- 24/7 remote server access.
- Regular backups to C&IT's NetBackup system.
Every virtual server package includes:
- The creation of a virtual server in C&IT's Virtual Server environment.
- Initial installation of a VMware Supported Operating System (OS) (Windows or Linux).
- Initial installation of NetBackup client utility.
- Initial installation of university site-licensed antivirus software.
- A school, college or division may contact C&IT to discuss the details of the Virtual Server Hosting Service Level Agreement and to fill out the Virtual Server Hosting In-Take Form. Please contact Patrick Thompson at 313-577-4725 or email@example.com.
- New customers must sign the Virtual Server Hosting Service Level Agreement.
- C&IT submits IRB to S/C/D.
- C&IT IOPS and S/C/D schedules creation or a new Virtual Server.
Virtual Server Hosting annual prices
|FY 2017||FY 2018||Reduction|
|1 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 100 GB disk with Gold backup||$1800.00||$900.00||$900.00|
|Additional CPU (per processor; up to four)||$95.00||$95.00||$0.00|
|Additional memory (RAM) per GB (up to 12 GB; up to 24 GB for research)||$20.00||$20.00||$0.00|
|Additional disk (per 100 GB; up to 2 TB) with Gold backup||$230.00||$125.00||$105.00|
NOTE: Please read the Terms of Service Agreement for Virtual Server Hosting.