How do I send Wayne State Alerts?Share & Print
Wayne State Alerts are email and text messages sent for both emergency and non-emergency campus updates.
Wayne State employees with appropriate roles and responsibilities can use the Wayne State Broadcast Messaging service to send non-emergency Wayne State Alerts. To request access to Broadcast Messaging, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org your role and intended use.
There are two ways to access the broadcast sending wizard:
- Log in and click the Broadcast Messaging link under the University Resources tab.
- Choose the types of messages you want to receive
- Choose to receive communications via text message and/or email
- Set times to pause the delivery of WSU text messages to your cell phone
- View message history
- Volunteer to receive test messages from WSUPD
- Students can sign up to get messages regarding:
- Course time or location changes
- Final grade postings
- Hold releases
- Financial aid notifications
Wayne State employees can request to use Broadcast Messaging to distribute messaging to campus. Learn more at https://tech.wayne.edu/kb/communication-collaboration/mass-messaging-tools/826.
Emergency messages are automatically sent to all students, faculty, staff, and affiliates (when appropriate) by the Wayne State University Police Department.