How can I access Wayne Connect?Share & Print
Wayne Connect may be accessed multiple ways.
- Outlook Web Application: Fully-featured webmail and calendaring and the easiest method for most users.
- Microsoft Outlook desktop application
- Mobile apps: For iOS, Android and Windows Phone (built in).
- Exchange ActiveSync, Exchange Web Services, POP/IMAP, CalDav and CardDav: Are all supported and available to any third party clients.
- Email forwarding: Forwarding remains the same and requires no changes.
C&IT recommends using the Outlook Web Application (OWA) at connect.wayne.edu whenever possible. This requires zero setup, receives the fastest updates and latest features, and is available across platforms and browsers.
There are some features that are only available in Outlook Desktop and all users are welcome to continue using this client. Power users (those who regularly share folders or calendars, or manage multiple accounts) may prefer to use Outlook Desktop.
- Wayne Connect is fully compatible only with Outlook. Users of older versions will have limited functionality and will have to connect via POP/IMAP.
- Outlook for Mac for Office 365 is the first of Microsoft's Office 2016 for Mac applications and offers a far superior experience to older versions
- C&IT will continue to support Outlook Desktop in tandem with OWA and users may utilize both clients
Apple Mail and iCal are supported by the product and will continue to have full support from C&IT.
C&IT recommends using your phone's default mail client with Exchange ActiveSync to access your email. Simply add an account on your phone and enter your Wayne State University email address and password. ActiveSync will automatically configure settings for the optimal experience.
Users may also download the free Microsoft Office 365 applications for iOS, Android and Windows Phone. These applications offer full access to your email and calendar, sync and push notifications, and will receive all of the latest updates from Microsoft. There are also applications for Microsoft Office so users may access, edit and share documents on the go. Most of these applications and functions are installed by default on Windows Phone devices.
If your mobile device does not support these options, you may also use POP/IMAP.