How do I set up my Wayne State email on my macOS X computer?Share & Print
Mac users looking for a desktop mail client may choose between Apple Mail (which comes pre-installed on every Mac) or Outlook for macOS. Follow the steps below to set up your Wayne State email account on your Mac. Make sure multi-factor authentication is enabled with your account.
- If you are using Apple Mail for the first time, the application will automatically prompt you to add an account. If you already have an account, click Mail and choose Preferences in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Enter the Accounts tab and click the button.
- Choose to add an Exchange account and click Continue.
- You will be prompted to sign in.
- You will then be prompted to sign in to your Wayne State email account using your AccessID@wayne.edu and password.
- after entering your AccessID@wayne.edu address and password, you'll be prompted to approve your sign-in request.
If you select the option I can't use the Microsoft Authenticator app right now, you can proceed by using another method to authenticate and grant access to your Wayne State account.
- Your account will begin syncing and you can begin sending and receiving mail.
Outlook for Mac
- If you are using Outlook for the first time, click Add Account then choose Exchange of Office 365. If you already have an account, click Outlook and choose Preferences in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Enter the Accounts section and choose Exchange under the button.
- Enter your Wayne State University AccessID email address in the email address and click connect.
- You'll be taken to the Wayne State login screen. Enter your credentials and click Sign In.
- Your account is added. Click Done. Your account will begin syncing and you may begin sending and receiving mail.
- You'll be prompted to remember your credentials on your device.