How do I set up my Wayne Connect email on my Mac OS X computer?Share & Print
Mac users looking for a desktop mail client may choose between Apple Mail (which comes pre-installed on every Mac) or Outlook for Mac. Follow the steps below to set up your Wayne Connect account on your Mac.
- If you are using Apple Mail for the first time, the application will automatically prompt you to add an account.
- If you already have an account, click Mail and choose Preferences in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Enter the Accounts tab and click the + button.
- Choose to add an Exchange account and click Continue.
- Enter your name, your Wayne State AccessID email address and your AccessID password. Click Continue.
- The application will automatically find the details for your account. Click Continue.
- Choose if you want to sync information for use with additional Apple productivity applications. Click Done.
- Your account will begin syncing and you can begin sending and receiving mail.
Outlook for Mac
- If you are using Outlook for the first time, click Add Account then choose Exchange of Office 365.
- If you already have an account, click Outlook and choose Preferences in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Enter the Accounts section and choose Exchange under the + button.
- Enter your Wayne State University AccessID email address in the E-mail address and Username fields. Enter your WSU password. Click Add Account.
- Outlook will prompt about a server. Check the box and click Allow.
- Your account will begin syncing and you may begin sending and receiving mail.
Note: These instructions were prepared with Outlook for Mac 2011. Microsoft has recently released Outlook 2016, but educational institutions have not yet received the upgrade.