How do I set up my Wayne Connect email on my Mac OS X computer?Share & Print
Mac users looking for a desktop mail client may choose between Apple Mail (which comes pre-installed on every Mac) or Outlook for Mac. Follow the steps below to set up your Wayne Connect account on your Mac.
- If you are using Apple Mail for the first time, the application will automatically prompt you to add an account. If you already have an account, click Mail and choose Preferences in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Enter the Accounts tab and click the + button.
- Choose to add an Exchange account and click Continue.
- Enter your name, your Wayne State AccessID email address and your AccessID password. Click Continue.
- The application will automatically find the details for your account. Click Continue.
- Choose if you want to sync information for use with additional Apple productivity applications. Click Done.
- Your account will begin syncing and you can begin sending and receiving mail.
Outlook for Mac
- If you are using Outlook for the first time, click Add Account then choose Exchange of Office 365. If you already have an account, click Outlook and choose Preferences in the menu bar at the top of your screen. Enter the Accounts section and choose Exchange under the + button.
- Enter your Wayne State University AccessID email address in the E-mail address and Username fields. Enter your WSU password. Click Add Account.
- Outlook will prompt about a server. Check the box and click Allow.
- Your account will begin syncing and you may begin sending and receiving mail.
NOTE: These instructions were prepared with Outlook for Mac 2011. Microsoft has recently released Outlook 2016, but educational institutions have not yet received the upgrade.