How do I get help for a non-supported email program?Share & Print
The C&IT Help Desk supports Wayne Connect - Powered by Microsoft, Outlook and Apple Mail for use with Wayne State University's email system.
The C &IT Help Desk recommends using the Wayne Connect web-based interface at connect.wayne.edu. If you prefer to use a desktop program, then we recommend Apple Mail on Mac OS X (versions 10.5 or later) or Microsoft Outlook (version 2010 or later).
You may choose to use something else, but the C &IT Help Desk cannot offer support or assistance for those programs. The programs listed below have not been tested with the email system and may or may not have the ability to work with it.
Support resources (including some generic setup instructions) for some of the more popular non-supported programs can be found by clicking on the links below.
- Entourage: https://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?product=Entourage2008&app=2
- Evolution: https://projects.gnome.org/evolution/
- Outlook Express (for Windows): https://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/using/oe/default.mspx
- Outlook (for macOS): https://mac2.microsoft.com/help/office/14/en-us/outlook
- Thunderbird: https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
- Windows Mail: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/00e419ef-fee2-472c-ad02-b14331571a521033.mspx
NOTE: Find basic settings for all email clients at kb.wayne.edu/144311.