What do Backup Services include?Share & Print
Backup Services allow Co-Location Server Hosting administrators to backup server data and operating systems to C&IT's centralized and secure backup environment.
In addition to onsite storage, the backup environment as a whole is duplicated off site to ensure the safety and continuity of your data. This service is available to all WSU units that run university-owned and managed servers that will be or are already currently hosted at the C&IT data center.
- Installation of and setup assistance with NetBackup client utility.
- Regular backup to the NetBackup environment.
- Daily migration of NetBackup tapes to a third-party offsite storage facility (Iron Mountain).
- Retrieval of requested backup tapes from onsite or offsite storage.
- A school, college or division (S/C/D) can contact C&IT to discuss the details of the Service level Agreement. Contact Patrick Thompson at 313-577-4725 or email@example.com.
- New customers must sign the Service Level Agreement.
- C&IT submits IRB to S/C/D.
- S/C/D schedules NetBackup agent installation.
- S/C/D or C&IT installs the NetBackup agent.
- S/C/D configures backup schedule.
Annual Pricing of Backups for Customer-Owned Hosted Storage:
|FY 2017||FY 2018||Reduction|
|First 100 GB - Gold (client license, on-site copy, off-site copy, 45 day retention)||$335.00||$260.00||$75.00|
|Additional 100 GB - Gold||$160.00||$85.00||$75.00|
|First 100 GB - Silver (client license, on-site copy, 45 day retention)||$300.00||$205.00||$95.00|
|Additional 100 GB - Silver||$125.00||$30.00||$95.00|
NOTE: Please read the Terms of Service Agreement for Backup Services.