What do Backup Services include?Share & Print
Backup Services allow Co-Location Server Hosting administrators to backup server data and operating systems to C&IT's centralized and secure backup environment.
In addition to onsite storage, the backup environment as a whole is duplicated off site to ensure the safety and continuity of your data. This service is available to all WSU units that run university-owned and managed servers that will be or are already currently hosted at the C &IT data center.
- Installation of and setup assistance with NetBackup client utility.
- Regular backup to the NetBackup environment.
- Daily migration of NetBackup tapes to a third-party offsite storage facility (Iron Mountain).
- Retrieval of requested backup tapes from onsite or offsite storage.
- A school, college or division (S/C/D) can contact C&IT to discuss the details of the Service level Agreement. Contact Patrick Thompson at 313-577-4725 or email@example.com.
- New customers must sign the Service Level Agreement.
- C&IT submits IRB to S/C/D.
- S/C/D schedules NetBackup agent installation.
- S/C/D or C&IT installs the NetBackup agent.
- S/C/D configures backup schedule.
Annual Pricing of Backups for Customer-Owned Hosted Storage:
First 100 GB - Gold (client license, on-site copy, off-site copy, 45 day retention)
Additional 100 GB - Gold
First 100 GB - Silver (client license, on-site copy, 45 day retention)
Additional 100 GB - Silver
NOTE: Please read the Terms of Service Agreement for Backup Services.