How should I configure WSU-SECURE on a shared laptop?Share & Print
When you configure WSU-SECURE, the wizard will store an encrypted version of your AccessID and password on the local hard drive. Your credentials are not at risk, but if someone else uses your computer, they will connect under your name. You are responsible for any and all activity on the Wayne State University networks when your AccessID is used.
Follow the steps below to prevent this on a shared computer (most likely a laptop).
1. Visit the Control Panel.
2. Click Network and Sharing Center.
3. Click Manage Wireless Networks.
4. Select the WSU-SECURE network properties.
5. In the Security tab, uncheck the box that says Remember my Credentials.
6. Each user will be asked to enter their own AccessID and password.
NOTE: These instructions were written using Windows 7.