[VoIP] How do I block my info from showing up on caller ID?Share & Print
The Wayne State University phone system allows users to block their Caller ID information when making calls outside of the University. Users can block their info for an individual call or all outbound calls. Follow the steps below to manage your Caller ID settings.
Block Caller ID when making a phone call outside of the university
- Dial *67 and the phone number you are trying to reach.
- Caller ID will be blocked on the receiving end, instead it will show "Restricted Number."
Block Caller ID for all outbound calls
- Access WSU's Clearspan Portal and log in at https://pub.hvs.att.com/Login/ (remember the username format is AccessID@wayne.edu).
- Click Outgoing Calls on the left.
- Click on Line ID Blocking. By default it should be set to off.
- Select on to turn on Caller ID blocking. Click Apply and then click OK.
- Caller ID will now be blocked for any outbound (external) calls.
Note: Caller ID blocking only works for external calls, internal calls may not be blocked. Learn how to reset your VoIP online portal password at https://kb.wayne.edu/142336.