Setting up and changing voicemail greetingsShare & Print
Follow the steps below to change your greeting from within the university system:
- Access your mailbox (dial *86 or dial your number and press * when voicemail answers).
- Enter your current passcode using the keypad on your phone.
- To change your mailbox Busy greeting, press 2.
- To change your mailbox No Answer greeting, press 3.
- To change your mailbox Extended Away greeting, press 4.
- Start recording at the tone and press # when complete.
To change your Extended Away Greeting while out of the office, please follow the procedure below:
- Dial the voicemail system 313-577-4747.
- Enter your 5-digit extension.
- Enter your passcode and press #.
- To access your voicemail box, press 1.
- To change your Extended Away greeting, press 4.
- To activate an extended away greeting, press 1.
- To record a new greeting, press 3.