FAQs about Respondus LockDown BrowserShare & Print
Respondus LockDown Browser/Monitor is software that students use to securely take an exam or quiz. The test taker cannot open a new tab, print, or search while taking an exam. Students go through the LockDown Browser software to access Canvas and take the exam. Respondus Monitor is an extension of Lockdown Browser; it is only used if the exam is being proctored.
What type of computer do I need to install Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor?
Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor can only be installed on Windows or macOS.
Can I use Respondus Browser/Monitor on my phone, tablet or Chromebook?
No. Respondus Lockdown Browser/Monitor is not supported on iOS, Android devices or personally-owned Chromebooks.
I have a Chromebook that was issued to me by WSU. Can I use Respondus Lockdown Browser/Monitor?
If you have a Chromebook that was issued by WSU, you may be able to use Respondus Lockdown Browser. Please check with the WSU department that provided the Chromebook to you, as it requires a special configuration. Note that Respondus Monitor cannot be used on a Chromebook.
I need to take an exam with Respondus Browser/Monitor and my Chromebook cannot use Respondus. What can I do?
Respondus Lockdown Browser is available on the Undergraduate Library computers (Repondus Monitor is not). You must follow safety protocols and make an advance reservation to use the computers. Details are available at https://guides.lib.wayne.edu/c.php?g=1060942&p=7733299.
I downloaded Respondus Lockdown Browser/Monitor at another school. Can I use it at WSU?
No. Each version of Respondus Lockdown Browser/Monitor is designed specifically for a single institution. If Lockdown Browser or Monitor is required for your exams, you must download and install the WSU version. You may have multiple versions installed on your computer if you are enrolled at another institution.
What is the difference between Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor?
Your instructor will determine if your quiz will require Respondus Lockdown Browser or Monitor. In both cases, you will launch Respondus Lockdown Browser on your computer and then navigate to the quiz in Canvas.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser is a standalone browser that locks a student into the Canvas system. While using Respondus Lockdown Browser, you will be unable to access other applications on your computer.
- Respondus Lockdown Monitor is an addition to Lockdown Browser. All of the restrictions from Lockdown Browser will be in place with some additional requirements. While taking an exam with Lockdown Monitor, you will be required to use a webcam during the exam. There is a short verification process that you will need to complete before you can take your exam, so please plan accordingly. Your instructor will provide a practice exam to help you verify that your computer is configured correctly.
How do I get support for Lockdown Browser/Monitor as a student?
- Visit the Respondus Student Resources web page at web.respondus.com/student-help/.
- While using Respondus Lockdown Monitor, you may access 24/7 support at web.respondus.com/student-help-livechat/.
- For other technical issues, students can contact the C&IT Help Desk.
How do I download the Respondus LockDown Browser software for Windows or macOS?
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.wayne.edu with your AccessID and password.
- On the Global Navigation Panel, click Help -> Students: Links and Downloads.
- Scroll down to Downloads and click Respondus LockDown Browser/Monitor.
- This will navigate you to respondus.com. Carefully read over the License Agreement and click Install Now.
- The LockDown Browser icon will appear on your desktop.
- When taking an exam, students will click on the LockDown Browser icon to take an exam in Canvas.