RESPONDUS: What is Respondus and how do I download it?Share & Print
Respondus LockDown Browser is a software students use to take an exam requiring the LockDown Browser. It disables the ability to open a new tab, print, or search while taking an exam. Students go through the LockDown Browser software to access Canvas and take the exam.
The Respondus LockDown Browser software is available to download in Canvas.
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.wayne.edu with your AccessID and password.
- On the Global Navigation Panel, click Help -> Students: Links and Downloads.
- Scroll down to Downloads and click Respondus LockDown Browser/Monitor.
- This will navigate you to respondus.com. Carefully read over the License Agreement and click Install Now.?
- The LockDown Browser icon will appear on your desktop.
- When taking an exam, students will click on the LockDown Browser icon to take an exam in Canvas.