How do I upload a test, survey or pool to Canvas using Respondus?Share & Print
If you have not used Respondus test builder software in over a year, you will need to update your version with the newest licensing information. This can be found in Canvas, in Help -> Faculty Resources -> Downloads.
Follow the steps below to upload a graded quiz or question bank to Canvas using Respondus.
Directly upload your assessment to Canvas
- Open Respondus (after patching Respondus your Current Personality should read Canvas).
- Click the Open button to open a file then choose the file you wish to upload to Canvas.
- Click the Preview & Publish tab.
- Click the Publish to Canvas button (located on the left side).
- Click the Publish Wizard button to run the wizard.
- In section 1, choose Publish to single course.
- In section 2, select add new server (if you already have a Canvas server setup skip to step 13).
- Select Yes, check for preconfigured server settings, then click Next.
- Enter a name to describe this Canvas server (e.g. My Canvas Courses).
- Enter your login information for this Canvas server, then click Next.
- Wait for Connection to be completed, then click Next.
- Click Finish to return to the Publish Wizard.
- Select Canvas Server and click Next.
- Select course under Choose Course to publish to.
- Select a choice under Create or Replace.
- Click Next.
- Wait for upload to be completed then click Finish.