How can I get feedback on the quality of my survey?Share & Print
It is critically important to get feedback about your survey before you start gathering responses. Here are several ways that you can get feedback:
- The built-in Expert Review feature of the survey editor shows detailed recommendations that can improve the response quality of your research project.
- Use the Preview Survey feature. Your survey will open in a new browser window, along with a mobile browser view. You can navigate through your survey just as a respondent would.
- Copy the web page address and share it with your colleagues; they do not need to have a WSU Qualtrics account.
- Anyone can use the Restart Survey button to complete multiple preview surveys.
- The responses are flagged as preview and can be easily removed.
- If your colleagues are unfamiliar with Qualtrics, just share the draft survey as either a PDF or a Word doc and they can supply feedback on question types and formatting.
- A survey owner can use the Qualtrics Collaborate feature to share access to the survey with colleagues that already have a working Qualtrics account.
- Optional security settings are available to control your colleague's level of access to the survey.
- Colleagues with proper Collaboration permissions can make changes to the questions, sequence, branch logic, etc.
- Qualtrics maintains a version history of the survey, which allows collaborators to save and restore some (but not all) changes made to the survey.
- Teamwork and good communication between collaborators is essential for success!