What is a Guest AccessID and how do I create one?Share & Print
A Guest AccessID is issued to select non-Wayne State University persons who require short-term access to WSU systems and services to directly benefit academic or administrative WSU activities.
Guest AccessIDs are available to employees not paid by the university, employees in the University Physicians Group, short-term contractors, conference attendees and other select guests.
All Guest AccessID requests must be filled out by a full-time Wayne State paid employee. If you are seeking Guest access for yourself, you must have a the full-time Wayne State paid employee fill out the form on your behalf. For continuous access, the Guest AccessIDs require a yearly renewal; Guest and Requester are notified a month prior to expiration date.
Guest AccessIDs provide access to:
- Wayne Connect email
- Library resources
- Wayne State Virtual Private Network (VPN)
How to get a Guest ID
Sponsors can follow the instructions in the form below. Typical response time is within two business days, assuming Sponsor has approved this request (if applicable).
Sponsors can also request bulk guest AccessIDs. Before you submit the request, please upload your information in this template and save it as a .csv file. Not following this template could cause delays in AccessID creation.
- To request access to Banner, you will have to have the Enterprise Applications Access Request Form filled out by a WSU Business Manager after receiving the Guest AccessID.
- To request access to STARS, you will need to request access through the Office of the Registrar after receiving the Guest AccessID.
- To request access to the restricted library resources from off-campus (using the EZproxy service), you will need to request access from the Library System by filling out the Special Request for Remote Access to Library Resources Form after receiving the Guest AccessID.
- If you need assistance, please contact the C&IT Help Desk at 313-577-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.