What is AppWorx?Share & Print
AppWorx (also known as Application Manager) is an administrative tool with which users may manage process-dependent scheduling.
Administrative systems user
- Schedule and run predefined modules (programs) or chains (groups of programs) that perform data manipulation in a specific order.
- Submit multiple requests.
- Review module output, check error messages and make scheduling changes.
- Easily check where jobs are in the queue.
- Change run-time settings via an Operator request if needed.
- Provide a historical record of batch executions for two years.
- Automate the scheduling of processes (modules) by combining the the requests for multiple processes into a single request-able unit (chain).
- Provide automated and/or manual parameter settings for modules.
- Pre-schedule modules and/or chains based upon calendars.
- Pre-schedule modules and/or chains to run at regular internals.
- Schedule the execution of modules and/or chains based upon the existence of data.
- Setup parameter validation so job parameters can be validated at the time of submission in stead of at the time of execution.
- Submit multiple requests or set up a job stream for overnight processing.
- Check error codes and dynamically change the execution of processes.
- Set and enforce complex dependencies between modules and/or chains.
Typically, an administrative system data owner works with their C&IT developers to create and schedule modules and chains.
In order to use AppWorx you need:
- Your AccessID.
- Your AccessID password.
- To request access to AppWorx through a management level staff member. Send an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org](mailto:email@example.com) or call 313-577-4758.
- An Appworx Client installed on your desktop.
Applications Technical Services