What should I do if I get an error message when uploading files to OneDrive?Share & Print
You may receive one of a few error messages when attempting to upload files to OneDrive for Business in Office 365 (Wayne Connect). These errors include:
- OneDrive can't upload this file
- A file with this name already exists
- Sorry, OneDrive can't upload folders or empty files
- This file is too big
- OneDrive can't upload this file to this location
- This file contains restricted characters: **/ \ < > : * " ? |**
- OneDrive can't find this file
- OneDrive can't access this file
Learn more about these errors and how to implement solutions at support.office.com.
OneDrive desktop client
As a workaround, you may download the free OneDrive for Business desktop application. Learn how to install the OneDrive client for both macOS and PC at kb.wayne.edu/154658.
Learn more about syncing and uploading files with OneDrive from Microsoft Support: