How do I run HP Diagnostics?Share & Print
HP computers include a diagnostic software tool that tests your computer's hardware for errors. Follow the steps below to run HP Diagnostics.
1. Restart the computer.
2. As the computer boots, press the ESC key when the HP Splash Screen appears.
3. When the Startup menu appears, press F2 to enter System Diagnostics.
- System Information: Shows information such as hardware installed and BIOS version.
- Start-up Test: A quick, high level test of the system.
- Run-In Test: A stress test to verify stability of system components.
- Hard Disk Test: Test the hard drive for problems. First it will run a quick test and then a SMART test. This test will take approximately two hours to finish.