VMware Horizon client: How do I access my flash drive and/or shared folder(s) in my Linux VM?Share & Print
Follow the steps below to access your flash drive or shared folders in Linux VM with the WMware Horizon client.
NOTE: Access to local drives is ONLY possible from the VMware Horizon client, not the HTML access portal.
- Once logged into the VDI client (do not access a virtual machine yet), open the settings gear (upper right-hand corner).
- Navigate to Sharing (left pane).
- Check the box Allow access to removable storage.
- If you want to share a folder, click Add and select the folder you would like to share with the virtual machine, and click OK.
- Connect to your Linux VM.
- To access the shared folder from Ubuntu:
- Click Places.
- Click the tsclient folder.
- To access the shared folder from CentOS:
- Open Dolphin.
- Open the tsclient folder.