HPC Grid Tutorial: How to Setup GlobusShare & Print
Follow these steps to create a Globus account and Globus share to connect to the Grid.
Additional tutorials for Globus can be found here: https://docs.globus.org/how-to/
1. Create a Globus account. Instead of using your organizational login, create a Globus ID here.
2. Go to https://www.globus.org/ and click Log in in the top right corner.
3. Click the link to sign in using your Globus ID and enter your login credentials.
4. Enter 'wsugrid#globus' in the 'Collection' search bar and click on it.
5. Enter the same login credentials you use when logging into the Grid (this is normally your WSU AccessID) and click 'Authenticate'.
6. In this tutorial we will be selecting the file 'bar' to transfer by clicking on it to select it. It will now be highlighted. Multiple files can be selected by simply clicking them.
7. Click the three horizontal lines on the top right. Select 'Share'.
Enter a 'Share Display Name'. Click 'Create Share'
8. Click 'Add Permissions - Share With'
Enter the Globus username or the email associated with a Globus account of the person you wish to share this data with and click 'Add'. The person must have a Globus account in order to be given access to the data, if they do not refer them to steps 1-3.
NOTE: Do NOT select 'write' unless you are positive that you want the user to be able to make changes to the data.
The user will receive an email similar to this:
9. The user can now access the data and transfer the files. They will need to install "Globus Connect Personal" to transfer files to their local system which can be downloaded here: https://www.globus.org/globus-connect-personal .
10. Transfer the files
a. Select the endpoint to transfer files from.
b. Select the endpoint to transfer files to.
c. Select the data to be transferred.
d. Select 'Transfer or Sync to..'
e. Click 'Start' to the initiate the transfer.