HPC Grid Tutorial: How to Run a LS-DYNA JobShare & Print
Follow these steps to run a LS-DYNA job.
1. Log in to the Grid.
2. From your home directory, copy the supporting tutorial file by typing: cp /wsu/el7/scripts/tutorial/tensile.k .
3. Create the job script. Type: vim jobscript
Then ls-dyna needs more memory. Add 83183390 to 200000000, which produces 283183390. Round up to the next highest value which will be 300000000 and use that for your memory value: i=tensile.k ncpus=4 memory=300000000 > outputfile.txt
2. If you receive an error with the word Killed then a new job needs to be requested with more memory. To calculate the memory needed in GB for the above example go to this site: https://deviceanalytics.com/memcalc/
- Select 64-bit
- Enter 300000000 in the WORDS section
- BYTES provides 2.24 which is 2.24 GB, you should then round up to 3 GB.
Modify the memory requested in this line to what is required: #SBATCH --mem=12G