How do I install and connect to the PaloAlto GlobalProtect VPN?Share & Print
Follow the steps below to install and connect to the PaloAlto GlobalProtect VPN on your computer running Windows 10 or macOS 10.10+. If you are using a laptop with ChromeOS, follow the steps at tech.wayne.edu/kb/security/wsu-virtual-private-network/500215.
Find frequently asked questions at tech.wayne.edu/kb/security/wsu-virtual-private-network/500220.
Video installation instructions:
BEFORE INSTALLING: You must have your Duo Two-Factor settings configured to receive push notifications through Duo Mobile on your smartphone or tablet. Find those steps at tech.wayne.edu/kb/security/two-factor-authentication/500211.
If you do not have a smart phone or tablet to install the Duo Mobile app, please contact the C&IT Help Desk.
1. Log in to protect.wayne.edu with your AccessID and password. You will receive a Duo prompt on your smartphone at this stage; approve it to move to the next step.
2. Download the correct client for your machine and follow installation instructions. You will only have to do this step once.
3. Open the Duo Mobile app on your smartphone so you are ready for the Duo push prompt.
4. Fill out the fields with the following information to login to GlobalProtect.
- NOTE: Entering your AccessID or password incorrectly five times will lead to a lockout of 15 minutes.
- Portal: protect.wayne.edu
- Username: Your AccessID
- Password: Your AccessID password
5. Confirm your GlobalProtect by approving the Duo prompt on your smartphone. If you do not approve the prompts, you will be stuck on the Connecting screen.
MacOS users may need to approve additional security settings. Follow the steps at tech.wayne.edu/kb/security/wsu-virtual-private-network/500214
- NOTE: At this stage, users may be prompted by Duo twice. This is a bug and we are working to resolve this issue. It should not affect your usage.
6. Your VPN GlobalProtect session should be active at this point. If you are having difficulty, please contact the C&IT Help Desk