How do I install an update for Global Protect VPN client?Share & Print
Follow the directions below to install an update for Global Protect, the Wayne State VPN client. The client is usually automatically downloaded for Wayne State DeskTech customers, but manual updates may be necessary in certain circumstances.
- Connect to the VPN as usual.
- Click the hamburger menu and select About.
- Click Check for Updates (this might take a moment depending on connection speed).
- You will receive a DUO two-factor authentication push notification; approve it to proceed.
- If an update is available, the following screen will appear with the new client version. Click Yes.
- The new client will be download in the background. This may take a while to download depending on connection speed. Slow connections may require multiple attempts.
- Click Yes on the following screen; you may be disconnected from the VPN momentarily.
- Re-connect to the VPN like normal and the client will now be updated.
If this process does not work, it may be necessary to uninstall the current version of the client first. For support with this, please call with C&IT Help Desk at 313-577-4357.