Software & Hardware
C&IT connects Wayne State students and employees with a number of resources supporting software and hardware. Find more detailed information on each of these options in the menu.
- The C&IT Help Desk offers free and discounted software as well as diagnostic and repair services for personally-owned computers.
- Microsoft Office is available at no cost for all current Wayne State students and employees.
- The High Performance Computing (HPC) department provides support for all Wayne State HPC Grid and Big Data Cluster hardware and software. Researchers in need of dedicated HPC hardware may work with the HPC team to arrange purchasing and hosting. Researchers and students utilizing the Grid and the Big Data Cluster may request that open sourced and licensed software be installed and upgraded. The HPC team will assist with the usage of HPC hardware and software where deemed appropriate.
- Many computer manufacturers and cell phone service providers offer educational discounts.
- The free Wayne State Mobile app provides on-the-go access to email, grades and more.
- C&IT only provides support for software deemed necessary for student or employee services or by a sizable WSU customer base. Computers used to access Wayne State University administrative systems and applications must meet certain requirements to receive support.