How do I share existing Echo360 recordings to my course?Share & Print
Follow the steps below to link a recording from your Echo360 library (including from a previous course/semester) to your current course.If you do not already have an Echo360 section created for your current course, you must submit a request. Follow the steps below:
1. Log in to Canvas (canvas.wayne.edu) and enter the course for which you would like to create an Echo360 section.
2. Click Course Tools in the course navigation menu.
3. Click Echo360 Setup.
4. Under Schedule Type, select I want to record content on my computer to share with my students.
5. Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions authorizing Wayne State to record and store your lectures.
6. Click Submit Request.
7. The section will now be linked to your course via the Echo360 Recordings link in the course navigation menu.
1. Access Echo360 using either of the following methods:
a. Log in to Canvas (canvas.wayne.edu), enter your course, click Echo360 Recordings in the course navigation menu, and click on the blue Echo360 logo at the top of the page.
b. Go to Echo360.org and log in using your AccessID email address (e.g., email@example.com). and log in using your AccessID email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: Do not use your WSU email alias (e.g., email@example.com).
i. Select Wayne State University – MI if prompted.
ii. You may be redirected to an External System Login page that looks like the Academica login page. Enter your AccessID and WSU password on this authentication page and click Login.
2. Within Echo360, click My Content in the menu on the left side of the page.
3. Locate the recording you would like to share using one of the following methods:
a. Use the Search bar at the top of the page to search by recording name.
b. Use the Sort by filter to arrange your library contents by Name, Course Name, Date Created, Owner, or Type.
4. When you have located your recording, click the title.
5. Check the information on the next page to verify that you have selected the correct recording. Then click the Share link underneath the recording title.
6. In the Share Settings dialog that appears, click the Class tab across the top.
7. Select the Course, Term, and Section that correspond with your current course that you would like to share this recording to.
8. Click the New Class tab directly below the section drop-down menu.
Note: If you select Existing Class, Echo360 will think you want to replace a recording in the selected course/section. You must select New Class to share a previous recording to another section.
9. Give the recording a title in the Class Name field.
10. You do not need to specify a Start Date, Start Time, or Duration.
11. Add a Class Description if desired.
12. Set the Available/Unavailable settings, if desired, or leave them with their default settings.
13. Click Share.