How can I protect my survey from getting duplicate or fraudulent responses?Share & Print
The simplest way to ensure that only specific people can respond to your survey is to create a Contact List with the email addresses of the respondents and then distribute the survey using the built-in Qualtrics Mailer. Depending on your needs, the options listed below can offer even more protection.
If you do not have a list of email addresses or you plan on posting an Anonymous Link for anyone to take your survey, then Qualtrics offers several basic survey security options that can deter - but not prevent - duplicate and fraudulent responses:
- Use the Captcha question type to deter bots from taking your survey.
- Respondents can take the survey only once.
- Stop search engines from finding your survey.
- Require your respondents to come from a specific web page in order to access your survey.
There are several methods that can require respondents to 'login' to access the survey:
- Pair the Authenticator option with your survey's Contact list.
- protect the survey and discreetly share a password with the respondents.
- If all respondents are from Wayne State, require them to use their AccessID and password.
- Google or Facebook credentials can work with the SSO Authenticator feature.
Note that Qualtrics also offers a premium Fraud Detection service but these features are not included in Wayne State's license at this time.