What are the Features of WSU Qualtrics?Share & Print
Wayne State students, faculty and staff are licensed to use the Qualtrics CoreXM product to build, distribute and analyze online surveys as part of their Wayne State coursework and academic research. The current WSU Qualtrics license agreement is in effect through September 30, 2023, and it includes:
- Premium CoreXM and programming/automation features (details below)
- Training and support
- Free getting started and in-depth webinars, offered live and on-demand
- Extensive online documentation on the Qualtrics support website
- Personal support directly from product experts at Qualtrics
- Access to the XM Community, a global peer-to-peer discussion board about Qualtrics
- System status page that monitors Qualtrics performance 7/24
- The monthly Qualtrics Product Roadmap is a great way to learn about changes within the Qualtrics universe. It includes a history of product updates and a look at upcoming features.
- Wayne State does not subscribe to the separate Qualtrics products that are built on top of the CoreXM foundation (CustomerXM, EmployeeXM, whateverXM, etc.).
- Nor does WSU license the add-on products XM Directory, Stats iQ, Conjoints/MaxDiff, Website/App Feedback, or the XM Mobile App.
- However, if there is a specific Qualtrics feature that you are interested in, fill out a request form and we'll investigate!
Premium CoreXM features:
- File Upload question type: allows your target audience to upload a file along with their survey response. This is useful if your survey collects files, images, or documentation from respondents.
- Signature question type: allows survey participants to draw their signature, essentially 'signing' the survey.
- Table of Contents survey flow element: adds a table of contents to your survey, allowing survey participants to navigate between different blocks of questions and track their overall progress.
- The Qualtrics Offline App is a workable solution when you need to administer surveys at a location that does not have a reliable internet connection. To use the Offline App: install the app on your mobile device(s) and download your survey, collect responses from your target audience, then upload the responses to Qualtrics when you can connect to the internet. The Qualtrics Offline App is available for iOS, iPadOS, and Android mobile devices.
- SMS Distributions: if you have a list of mobile phone numbers for your respondents, you can distribute a short survey - or a link to a survey - using SMS text messages. You will need to adhere to the Opt-In Compliance guidelines. The SMS Distributions feature has restricted use at Wayne State. If you would like to use SMS Distributions, just complete the Special Access Request form and make sure to include the following information:
- Brief overview of the research project that will be using SMS distribution.
- Estimated number of messages to send.
- Text iQ: a data analysis tool used to assign topics to responses from your survey, thereby enabling you to perform sentiment analysis. This feature has restricted use at Wayne State.
Programming and automation features:
- Email Triggers are a simple programming feature that sends an email notification whenever a survey response is completed and specified conditions are met. For advanced email notification needs, use Email Tasks instead of Email Triggers.
- Qualtrics Workflows allow you to trigger tasks based on various events. Examples include sending an email notification about a survey response, or automatically sending a survey invitation when an event occurs on a related system. For both the initiating event and the resulting task, you have a lot of options, most of which are inside the Qualtrics platform and some of which are outside. Workflows have audit trail reporting, a handy feature if you need to troubleshoot.
- The Qualtrics Application Programming Interface (API) allows you to automate repetitive processes within the application. API can be used to automate accounts and contact lists, and to move information in and out of Qualtrics. Detailed API documentation is available online.
Good to know:
- Qualtrics survey projects and response data are stored and managed by Qualtrics, not by Wayne State University.
- Qualtrics regularly backs up your data, protects it from unauthorized access, and adheres to several security standards. See the Qualtrics security statement for more details.
- For added protection, survey owners can export their survey and responses to create personal backup copies; multiple file formats are available.
- If you need to recruit respondents with specific demographic criteria for your research project, the Qualtrics Research Services team has a fee-based service that may be able to help you. Contact them directly for a quote.
- If you have a question about any aspect of WSU Qualtrics, just fill out this request form and we'll follow up within 1-2 business days!