How do I create a Zoom account using the Wayne State license?Share & Print
Licensed Zoom accounts are available for eligible Wayne State students, faculty, and staff:
- Students must be enrolled for at least one class for the current semester.
- Faculty must have an active teaching assignment.
- Staff must be paid by Wayne State.
- Retirees, Guest AccessIDs, and GroupIDs are not eligible to have a Zoom account under the Wayne State license.
To establish your Zoom account, visit wayne-edu.zoom.us and use your AccessID and password to log in. If you get the error message 'Something went wrong while you tried signing in with SSO', follow the steps at kb.wayne.edu/500253.
Note that all Zoom accounts created before June 29, 2020, that were paid by Wayne State are eligible for a pro-rated refund. Wayne State finance teams can email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process.
Wayne State Zoom license features
- Host meetings up to 24 hours in length.
- Up to 300 attendees per meeting.
- Participants can join via computer, mobile app (iOS, Android), or phone call.
- In-meeting collaboration options:
- Accessibility options:
- Record meetings and save them online (transcription available).
- Closed captioning options are available.