Upgrading to a Wayne State Zoom license from a free accountShare & Print
If you created a free Zoom account using the format email@example.com, you can upgrade to the Wayne State license. Free Zoom accounts are limited to 40 minute meetings. If you update your free Zoom account to use the Wayne State license, you can host meetings longer than 40 minutes and enjoy other features as well.
Note: This article only applies to free Zoom accounts using your AccessID email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have never hosted a Zoom meeting before, please follow these steps.
Follow these steps to update your free Zoom account:
- Login to https://zoom.us using your Zoom username in the format email@example.com.
- You will be prompted to Update Account Information.
- Select Consolidate into Account and click Continue.
- Follow the prompts.
- Zoom will create your licensed account within 24-48 hours.
- Your Zoom meetings will continue to be limited to 40 minutes until the account is converted.
- Periodically check your Zoom profile to confirm that the UserType is Licensed (not Basic).
- If it takes longer than 48 hours, please contact the C&IT Help Desk.
Wayne State Zoom license features
- Host meetings up to 24 hours in length.
- Up to 300 attendees per meeting.
- Participants can join via computer, mobile app (iOS, Android), or phone call.
- In-meeting collaboration options:
- Accessibility options:
- Record meetings and save them online (transcription available).
- Closed captioning options are available.