How do I log in to Academica?Share & Print
Academica is a secure internet gateway that provides single access to most Wayne State University services.
- Online self services: Web registration, financial aid status, tuition payment, final grades, training/workshop registration, etc.
- Computing systems: Wayne Connect - Powered by Microsoft email, Blackboard, OneCard, Banner, etc.
- Course tools: Class lists for faculty, course list for students.
- Wayne State University information and events.
- A WSU exclusive social network.
How to log in to Academica
Use a computer with internet access and a recent version of a standard web browser and follow the steps below to log in to Academica.
- Go to the Academica log in page at a.wayne.edu.
- Type your WSU AccessID under Your Wayne State AccessID.
- Your AccessID is 2 letters + 4 numbers (e.g. xy6789).
- If you are an applicant, it was mailed to you when you applied.
- If you are a new student or new hire, it is printed on your OneCard and is available online in the WSU Directory.
- If you are current faculty or staff, it is printed on your OneCard and is available online in the WSU Directory.
- To look up your AccessID, go to the WSU Online Directory and search your name.
- Type your WSU AccessID password under Your Password.
- If you are a new student or new hire, your temporary password is your 9-digit personal ID (PID) number (e.g. 000999999). It is mailed to applicants and also printed on the student and employee OneCard.
- The first time you log in to Academica, you are asked to change this password for security purposes. You also will be prompted to set up a challenge question and response, so you can change your password yourself in case you ever forget it.
- In the future, if you forget your password and have set a challenge question and response, go to "Forgot your password? Click here" on the log-in page, click and change your password on your own.
- Click Login.
If you need help logging in to Academica, contact the C&IT Help Desk at tech.wayne.edu/helpdesk.
- You will be asked to verify key personal information obtained from official university data contained in WSU's Banner System.
- If you answer correctly: Your password will be set to something new.
- If you do not answer correctly: You will be required to visit the C&IT Help Desk office with your OneCard picture ID (or other authorized picture identification) before your password can be reset.
NOTE: If you forget your password, you may reset it via your Recovery Email Address. It may take up to 30 minutes for the password change to take effect within the system.