What are Wayne State Alerts and what are the terms and conditions?Share & Print
Wayne State Alertsare email and text updates for both emergency and non-emergency campus messaging.
- Sent by Wayne State Police and Campus Safety via RAVE Mobile Safety
- Users may opt out of text messaging, but cannot opt out of email alerts due to safety concerns
- Automatically sent to students, faculty, staff, affiliates and/or guests, and opt-in external community members
- Includes significant weather events, campus closures, emergency situations, and more
- Sent by Wayne State schools, colleges, and departments via the Broadcast Messaging wizard
- Opt-in service
- Includes building, administrative, school, college, and department announcements
Terms and conditions
WSU does not incur any premium charges for this service. Standard usage charges from your cell phone provider still apply, however. If you have additional questions, please contact the C&IT Help Desk.
Alerts sent via SMS may not be delivered to you if your phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if the sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of your wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including the customer's equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. You acknowledge that urgent alerts may not be timely received and that your wireless carrier does not guarantee that alerts will be delivered.