How do I connect to the WSU FTP server?Share & Print
The Wayne State University FTP server is a file repository that provides access to a wide variety of current software via a high-speed campus network.
If you are connecting via the WSU campus network or via the VPN, the FTP server will request your AccessID and password. Once you authenticate, you will have access to all the public offerings and WSU-specific software.
You may connect anonymously, however you will not have access to all the software offerings.
How to get started
Follow the steps below to connect to the Wayne State University FTP server. Learn more about the FTP server on the C&IT Knowledge Base.
- Download and install either FileZilla, Cyberduck or WinSCP.
- Before opening the application, make sure you are connected to the VPN. Learn more about the VPN on the C&IT Knowledge Base.
- Open your application of choice and log in with your AccessID and password.
- You will be prompted to use two-factor authentication. After logging in with your AccessID and password, you will be asked for provide a secondary password.
- FileZilla: Follow the directions as provided.
- CyberDuck: In the Secondary Password field, type the appropriate command depending on your Duo preferences.
- Push: Use this is you have the DUO app installed on your smartphone.
- Phone1: Use this to use the first telephone in your settings.
- Phone2: Use this to use the second telephone in your settings.
- WinSCP: Follow the directions as provided.
WSU has a high-speed FTP link to Michigan State University: ftp://ftp.egr.msu.edu.