HPC Grid Tutorial: How to Run Jupyter Notebook OnDemandShare & Print
Follow these steps to run Jupyter Notebook through OnDemand. Follow the video tutorial here!
In order to connect to Grid OnDemand you must use the WSU VPN. Follow the tutorial here for steps on how to download PaloAlto GlobalProtect and connect to it. If you have a desktop with a static IP, you can request to have it whitelisted by emailing us at email@example.com.
1. In either a Chrome or Firefox* browser window go to https://ondemand.grid.wayne.edu/
*OnDemand is only supported through these browsers.
2. On the homepage, click Login to OnDemand.
You will be prompted with a login window.
Enter your AccessID and password. Click Sign in.
3. You should now be logged on and on the OnDemand dashboard.
4. In the toolbar on the top, click Interactive Apps and select Jupyter Notebook.
5. From here you can specify which resources are needed. You may also select the option to receive an email when the session starts. Once completed, click Launch.
6. The session will be created. Your job will enter the queue and wait to be submitted.
- Then it will begin Starting.
- And then Running.
- Click Connect to Jupyter to launch Jupyter Notebook.
7. A new tab will open with Jupyter Notebook.
You are now running Jupyter Notebook through OnDemand!