[VoIP] How do I get started with my VoIP voicemail?Share & Print
Follow the steps below to set up your VoIP voice mailbox. Your password was emailed to you -- if you did not receive this email or are having difficulty with the password that was sent to you, please fill out the form at tech.wayne.edu/forms and contact the C&IT Help Desk for assistance.
Create a new passcode (password)
- Access your voice mailbox:
- Dial *86 from your VoIP handset.
- Dial your five-digit extension 7-XXXX from your VoIP handset.
- Call your 10-digit phone number 313-577-XXXX from any other phone and press * when you reach the voicemail system.
- Enter the passcode provided via email, then press the # key.
- Enter a new passcode between 5-12 digits followed by the # key.
- Reenter new passcode followed by the # key.
- You have now set your voicemail passcode.
Record your mailbox name
- When prompted, record your name as follows.
- Speak first and last name "Mary Brown" (example).
- Press the # key.