HPC Grid Tutorial: How to Run STATAShare & Print
Follow these steps to run STATA on the Grid.
How to Run STATA - Interactive
You will need to download an X Window System. If you are using Unix, Linux, or OSX you can use X11. Follow the steps in the X11 Tutorial here, then continue at step 4 below.
For Windows users, follow the Xming Tutorial here.
1. Launch Xming.
2. Log on to the Grid.
3. Submit an interactive job: qsub -I -l mem=10gb -X
The -X option allows you to use an X Windows session.
4. Type: module load stata
5. Type: xstata
6. You are now running STATA.
How to Run STATA Non-Interactive
1. Log on to the Grid.
2. Create a my-stata.job similar to:
#PBS -N stata
#PBS -l select=1:ncpus=8
#PBS -j oe
#PBS -m ea
module load stata
3. Press the Escape key and type :wq to save and quit.
4. To submit the job type: qsub my-stata.job
5. The job is submitted. You can check to see what node it is running on with the following command: qme